Post-congress tours 1 and 2, Tallin-Estonia
Both post-congress tours 1 and 2 have Tallinn as the main destination. We go across the Baltic Sea on the overnight ferry, arriving in the Estonian captial at 10:45 on Saturday 21st September. After hotel check-in we go to the Seaplane Harbour Museum for lunch and a tour, hosted by the Estonian Maritime Museum. It might also be possible to get a preview of the new developments in the Fat Margret Tower, the second venue of the Estonian Maritime Museum in Tallinn. The evening is free for dinner.
On Sunday there will be plenty of time to explore the Old Town, beautiful parks and excellent museums, such as the KUMU art museum and the new Freedom Museum VABAMU.
For those going on to Stockholm (tour 1), the overnight ferry departs at 18:00. After dinner, there is a wide selection of entertainment to chose from on board, including shops, spa, bars and nightclubs before retiring to your cabin. We arrive in Stockholm at 10:15 on Monday 23rd September.
For those going to Helsinki (tour 2), there is a choice of six daily departures from Tallinn to the Finnish capital. The first ferry departs at 7.30 and the last one at 19:30. The voyage is two hours long.
Tour 1: Mariehamn – Tallinn – Stockholm (21– 23 September)
- Dep. Mariehamn Sat 01:00 by ferry, arr. Tallinn Sat 10:45; Sat and Sun in Tallinn; dep. Tallinn Sun 18:00 by ferry, arr. Stockholm Mon 10:15.
- Price: 243 €/person in double cabin/room; 420 €/person in single cabin/room.
- Included: B-class inside cabin & breakfast Mariehamn – Tallinn; hotel & breakfast in Tallinn; B-class inside cabin, buffet dinner & breakfast Tallinn – Stockholm.
Tour 2: Mariehamn – Tallinn – Helsinki (21– 22 September)
- Dep. Mariehamn Sat 01:00 by ferry, arr. Tallinn Sat 10:45; Sat and Sun in Tallinn; dep. Tallinn Sun anytime by ferry to Helsinki (six departures daily, 2 hours duration).
- Price: 172 €/person in double cabin/room; 285 €/person in single cabin/room.
- Included: B-class inside cabin & breakfast Mariehamn – Tallinn; hotel in Tallinn; Deck place & buffet Tallinn – Helsinki.
Post-congress tour 3, Uppsala-Sweden
Post-congress tour 3 is for Uppsala in Sweden. After a comfortable ferry voyage across the Åland Sea on Saturday 21 September, including a deliscious breakfast buffet, we arrive in Uppsala around 11:00, where we will spend a couple of hours taking in the sights around the main univerity building, including the cathedral and the university art and coin collection. The afternoon will be spent walking in Carl von Linnaeus’ footsteps. In the evening we have dinner together at one of the colleges of Uppsala University.
On Sunday we get to explore Old Uppsala Early Viking site before returning to Uppsala for a look at Gustavianum’s archaeology and science collections. The official post-congress tour ends after lunch in the Botanical Garden.
Tour 3: Mariehamn – Uppsala (21– 22 September)
- Dep. Mariehamn Sat 07:20 by bus to Eckerö for 08.30 ferry, arr. Grisslehamn 09:30 (2 hours duration), transfer to Uppsala, arr. 11:00; Dep. Uppsala Sun any time after 14:00. Stockholm Arland Airport is 30 minutes away by train from Uppsala.
- Price: XXX
- Included: ferry voyage, bus transfers & breakfast Mariehamn – Uppsala; hotel & breakfast in Uppsala.
Post-congress tour 4, Karlskrona-Sweden
Shortly, we will publish a suggestion for a post-conference trip to Karlskrona. Please enjoy some of the highlights of Karlskrona, courtesy to visitkarlskrona.se.
The Naval Base
Drop anchor in Karlskrona, the city that was founded in 1680, when Karl XI decided to establish the country's new naval base here. More than 300 years later the Naval base is still here in Karlskrona - the city where old meets new and tradition meets innovation. In 1998, Karlskrona gained World Heritage Status by UNESCO.
The Naval Museum
On land, on water, for real! The museum tells the Swedish Navy's exciting history. Karlskrona's most visited attraction! Boats, figureheads, models, sub-marines, all of which tell of the Swedish Navy's exciting story from empire to today. The Submarine Hall - Two submarines in a spectacular building. Free entrance.
The archipelago is a perfect place to relax, recharge and just be. Self or together. No requirements, no musts - just be. Sweden's southernmost archipelago is composed of 1,650 islands, skerries and islets - from Hasslö in the west to Utlängan in the east. Savour blue days of wind, water, salt splashed rocks and glorious bays for bathing. Discover this chain of islands in your own way.